Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013


Green Chili Black Bean Chicken – Serves 4, 252 calories per serving

1 ½ pounds of chicken breast or tenders sliced into bite sized pieces
¾ cup chopped onion
¼ tsp each, salt and pepper
1 15 oz. can black bean rinsed and drained
1 cup grape tomatoes halved
1 4.5 oz. can of diced green chilis, undrained
¼ cup chopped frozen cilantro
¼ cup fat sour cream (optional)

 

Directions:

1.       Place large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Coat pan with cooking spray.

2.       Add chicken and onion to the pan, coat with spray and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally

3.       Add black beans, tomatoes, green chilis and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through. Sprinkle cilantro over chicken and serve topped with sour cream (optional).

 

Very filling and very yummy!!!

No comments: