Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blackened Chicken Pizza with Yellow Tomato Salsa

Hey Everyone,
Sorry about the delay in sending out something new and fun. We have had a lot of fun things going on and have been super busy. I am hoping to get back in business this month for you. To start this month off right, I have included a yummy meal that Andrew and I enjoyed recently. This homemade blend is zesty, low in calories and big on the flavor. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Blackened Chicken Pizza with Yellow Tomato Salsa

Ingredients:
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
3 teaspoons of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 yellow pear tomatoes, stems removed
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 lime, zested and juiced
1 pre-baked thin pizza crust
8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese


Directions:
1. Preheat Oven to 450 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, oregano, and cayenne. Sprinkle liberally over chicken. Set aside any extra for a later use.
2. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Pour oil into a hot skillet, and cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes or until fully cooked. (no pink)
3. Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread over pizza crust, then arrange chicken over tomato mixture. Top with cheese.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minute or until cheese melts.
5. Cool and enjoy!! This is so yummy!!!


Picture 1 is the before picture.



Picture 2 is the final product.

1 comment:

Danae said...

OMG was this so good??