Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trash Can Nachos



This is a great treat for Saturday or Sunday Football fun. You can enjoy it with friends or alone. It makes alot but its very tasty. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can add anything extra to make it your own Trash Can Nachos.




You will need:
Pizza Pan covered with foil
Bag of tortilla chips (size depends on the number of people you will be serving)
4 1/2 cups of shredded cheese or queso melted works great too.
ground beef
lettuce, shredded
8 oz. of sour cream
2-3 large Tomatoes, diced
Joe T. Garcia's salsa

Let's get started:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 F (only if you are using shredded cheese instead of queso)

2. Brown beef in a large skillet. Add taco seasoning to the brown beef. Drain off fat.

3. Round pizza pan, cover it with foil then add your indegrients

4. Place the tortilla chips all over the pan

5. Layer the Shredded Cheddar Cheese or queso on top of the chips

6. Layer the ground beef on top of the cheese

7. Bake in the oven until the cheese is fully melted (only bake if you are using shredded cheese)

8. Layer the lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes

9. Layer salsa little or as much for your tasting pleasure.
And if you like that spicy kick- splash Tapatio hot sauce on top

10. Enjoy a nice cold beverage and ENJOY Your Trash Can Nachos!
















1 comment:

The Sister Studio said...

I want to eat these NOW! :)