Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Morning Mini Quiches as seen in The Biggest Loser

This yummy  breakfast came from the television show, The Biggest Loser. This meal is low fat and very good for you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.


Servings: 4
Per serving: 3 quiches
178 calories, 17 gram protein, 21 grams carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 4 grams of fat, 1 gram of sat fat, and 456 mg sodium

What do you need:
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onions (1/2 small onion)
  • 2 oz (about 2 slices) turkey bacon, cut into 1/4 dice
  • 6 large egg whites
  • 1/3 cup fat free milk
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 4 all natural, low-fat, whole grain tortillas
  • 2 oz (about 3/4 cup) finely shredded all-natural, low fat cheddar cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly coat cups of standard nonstick muffin tin with olive oil spray. Lightly coat smll nonstick skillet with spray and set over medium heat. Add onion and bacon and cook 4-6 minutes, or until onions are just tender. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
  2. Combine egg whites, milk, mustard, and ground black pepper to taste in large measuring cup and whisk until well combined. Set aside. Cut 3 circles out of each tortilla with a cookie cutter and place circles between two paper towels. Microwave 15-20 seconds to soften. Fit each circle into 1 cup of perpared muffin tin.
  3. Divide cheese and bacon-onion mixture evenly among cups. Fill cups three-quarters full with egg mixture. Bake the quiches 20-22 minutes, or until insides are completely set and tortillas are lightly crisped on edges.
  4. Place on a plate and enjoy with a glass of milk or oj.

Happy Breakfast!

2 comments:

The Sister Studio said...

I want to eat this! Can I come over for breakfast? :)

Shell7609 said...

These sound great, and I think would be a amazing cook ahead idea, maybe make a batch on sunday & keep them in a ziploc in the fridge for the work week