Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Langosta or Crawfish beignets with Cajun dipping sauce

A few nights ago, we had our close friends, The Reeds over for dinner. We always love having them over so we can catch up, lay around in our comfy clothes and they are always willing try any dish we make. This time we decided to start with an appetizer, which I am sharing with you today. This yummy treat is sure to make you smile....at least, it did for us.


What do you need-

1 egg beaten

1 pound chopped crawfish tailmeat, shrimp or langosta (can be found at Costco)

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2 tsp. Butter, melted

4 green onions

1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper

1/3 cup bread flour

Oil for deep-fat frying

3/4 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup ketchup

1/4 tsp. Prepared horseradish, optional

1/4 tsp. Hot pepper sauce


In a large bowl, combine the egg, langosta or your choice, onions, salt, butter, and cayenne. Stir in flour until blended.


In electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375. Drop tablespoons of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.


In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish if desired and pepper sauce. Serve with beignets.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4