Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Slow cooker Chicken Taco Soup

Thanks to my good friend Teresa, I learned about this soup. She made it and liked it, so we know I had to do the same. This Sunday dish was what my husband likes to say "Chicken Chili like." The reason he says that is because its like chili and chicken. We enjoyed this soup because its cold outside and who doesn't want to snuggle up next to a fire with a big bowl of soup. This meal was quite tasty. Enjoy.


What do you need:

1 onion chopped

1 can chili beans (16 ounce)

1 can black beans (15 ounce)

1 can whole kernel corn, drained (15 ounce)

1 can tomato sauce (8 ounce)

1 can of beer

2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounce cans) undrained

1 package taco seasoning

3 chicken breasts, skinless

Shredded cheddar cheese

Sour cream ( optional)

Crushed tortilla chips (optional)


Directions:

1. Place onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer and diced tomatoes in the slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing slowly down until lightly covered. Set for 5 hours on low heat.

2. Remove chicken from the soup and shred. Stir shredded chicken back into the soup and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with cheddar cheese, a dollup of sour cream and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

3. Enjoy!! Happy eating.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

The Sister Studio said...

I'm definitely going to be making this!