Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chicken, ham and Swiss Roulades

Tonight dinner was quite delis but let's be honest, I am no cook. I did not know what a cutlet was which is quite funny as I just did some guessing. I actually was suppose to wrap the chicken cutlet around the ham and cheese, but I wrapped the ham around the chicken. However, it turned out great. Here is the directions, so get at it and of course...ENJOY!!

What do you need:

8 small chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
8 thin slices of cooked ham
8 thin slices Swiss cheese
4 tablespoons olive oil
6 cups of mixed greens or a salad of your choice


1. Heat oven to 400 F. Season the chicken with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Roll each cutlet (chicken) with 1 slice of the ham and 1 slice of the swiss cheese. Skewer the roulades (combination of chicken, cheese and ham) closed with toothpicks.

2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the roulades and cook, turning occasionally until golden brown. (4-6 minutes) Transfer the skillet to oven and roast the roulades until cooked. (8-10 minutes)

3. Meanwhile, create the salad of your choice to have on the side.

4. Enjoy your dinner and as always add a glass of wine for that extra kick.




This comes from the cookbook Dinner Tonight: Done!! page 87

No comments: