Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Stuffed Green Peppers

Heather Stuffed Green Peppers

What do you need:
1-1/3 cups water
2/3 cup uncooked rice
margine or butter
2 large green bell pepppers, halved and seeded
1 pound lean ground beef
2/3 onion diced (red or white works)
garlic powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste
15 ounce can tomato sauce or tomato soup for a thicker taste
1-1/3 cups finely shredded mozarella cheese

Directions:
1. In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice, butter and salt and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Place green bell peppers in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover the bell pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water and set aside in 9x13 baking dish.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain.
5. Return the beef to heat and mix in onion, cooked rice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour in tomato sauce or tomato soup and mix thoroughly. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Spoon the meat mixture onto each half of the green peppers. Sprinkle a little cheese inside and on top of the green peppers to make it extra cheesy.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until mixture begins to turn golden brown.
8. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of each stuffed pepper.  Return to the oven and bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 5-10 minutes.
9. Now enjoy....oh, and throwing a small side salad makes the meal a perfect treat.




This usually takes about 1 hour and 15-30 minutes.

No comments: