Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Beef Stir-Fry

Andrew made this delicious dish for everyone to enjoy. I do not like spicy stuff but a little bit of spice, never hurt anyone.

What you need:
8 ounces of white rice or noodles
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound of flank steak, thin and sliced
1/2 of snow peas or a mixed of stir fry veggies
1/2 cup of red pepper jelly

Directions:
1. cook the rice according or noodles according to directions
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until cooked through, 3-4 minutes, transfer to a plate.
3. Add the new snow peas or mixed of stir fy veggies for 6 minutes.
4. Return the beef to the skillet, add the jelly and cook and toss for 1-minute. Serve on rice or noodles.
5. ENJOY!

No comments: