Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crockpot Sunday- Cheesy Chicken and Rice

Crock pot Sunday- Cheesy Chicken and Rice

This Sunday meal consists of something new. I had read a posting from the Crock pot Girls and decided to see if I could make the cheesy chicken from their website. I end up using the exact recipe but adding in my own little combination which ended with a chicken and rice combination. We fell in love with this dish and I hope you do too. If you are in need of some comfort food, I believe this is calling your name. Enjoy and let me know what you think. Happy Sunday from my home to yours!!!!


What do you need:
  • 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
  • 1 can of cream of celery soup
  • 1 small can of evaporated milk
  • 1 box of white rice

Directions:
  1. Combine all of the above in your crock pot and then stir mixing together
  2. Cook on low for 6 hours, shred the chicken and then on keep in crock pot on warm for another hour
  3. Cook white rice according to directions
  4. Pour the rice on your plate and chicken mixture on top, tossing it together
  5. Add a veggie or small salad on the side and enjoy
 after mixing the rice and chicken together

before mixing the rice and chicken together

No comments: