Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Panko Chicken from Cheryl's Kitchen to Yours

Panko Chicken from Cheryl's Kitchen to Yours

Good evening!! Tonight's meal was one of my favorites of all time. A couple of days ago I received this text from my friend Jason telling me his future wife, Cheryl made an amazing chicken dish. So, this past weekend Cheryl and Jason came to visit and we had decided that we would make this meal on Saturday night. However, after a day of playing outside, we decided to just order pizza and put off making that meal that evening and I would do it at another time. Since we had already bought the stuff and Cheryl told me how yummy it was, I was looking forward to making it this evening. So, we made it and loved it. I have never been that great with bread crumbs but I have to say I am quite impressed  this evening with my skills. Thank you, Cheryl for introducing me to this Panko Chicken. Yummmmmy!!!!! I hope you enjoy this dish as much as Andrew and I did.

What do you need:
  • 5 boneless chicken breasts (we only made 3)
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup Panko crumbs or bread crumbs will work
  • 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes
Directions:
  1. Mix melted butter, garlic and mustard together. Set aside.
  2. Mix Panko or bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Set aside.
  3. Coat chicken in mustard sauce on both sides.
  4. Dip chicken tops only in the crumb mix to coat.
  5. Lay chicken in baking pan, crumb mixture faced up. (use smaller pan placing chickens next to each other)
  6. Bake at 500 F for 15-20 minutes. Some ovens will require longer.
  7. Take out this yummy dish and make sure there is no pink inside and then ENJOY!!
We added a side of noodles, side salad and drink of your choice. Andrew went with milk as he loves milk with noodles.

*Suggestion: Take the chicken out of the freezer that morning. If frozen, dish will take longer to cook in the oven.*




No comments: