Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli

Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli
(can be made in 30 minutes or less)

Tonight, we went with a healthier option and decided to eat chicken sausage instead of the normal pork or beef sausage. I would say that the chicken sausage was good but I think this recipe would be a lot more yummy with pork sausage links. Either way, this meal is delicious and very light meal.

What do you need:
  • 12 ounces rigatoni
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion sliced (we did not include the onion but the recipe calls for it)
  • 6 ounces fully cooked chicken sausage links, sliced
  • 1 small bunch broccoli, cut into florets and stems sliced
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan

Directions:
  1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return into the pot.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, tossing until browned 2-3 minutes more.
  3. Add the broccoli and 1 1/4 cups water to the skillet and simmer, covered, until the broccoli is tender, 5-6 minutes.
  4. Add the sausage mixture and Parmesan to the pasta and toss to combine.
-I cooked the links for about 2 minutes and then removed them and cut them up into small pieces and then threw back into the skillet. I wanted to make sure they were completely cooked.


*Add a side salad and enjoy this yummy meal. Heck, why not treat yourself to a glass of white wine.*

Enjoy a couple of pictures and let me know how you think I did....



Recipe can be found in the cookbook called "Real Simple Dinner Tonight: Done!"
Pasta Section, page 269
Hands-on time: 20 minutes/total time: 20 minutes

No comments: