Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pork Taco Bake

My friend Teresa told me about this yummy casserole so you know I had to try it out myself. I'm so glad I did because it was quite delightful. Enjoy.


What do you need:

1 package Spanish rice mix

1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground pork

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 1/2 cups crushed whole grain tortilla chips

16 oz. Green salsa

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare Spanish rice according to package.

In a skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in soup and simmer while rice finishes cooking.

Spread rice on bottom of a 2 quart baking dish.

Top with beef mixture, salsa and 2/3 cups of cheese.

Top with crushed tortilla chips and remaining cheese.

Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chips are toasted.


Now go enjoy this yummy meal.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments: