Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Seafood Stoup

Seafood stoup is so good, there are no words. Of course, as long as you like seafood. The first time I had this I was in CA, and I didn't know if I would like it but I'm always willing to try new things. I'm glad I did, because I love this and its perfect for those chilly days. Enjoy.


What do you need:

1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil

2.5 lbs. Bag frozen seafood medley from costco. This bag has scallops, shrimp, mussels, and calamari.

1 cup Chicken stock

Salt and pepper

6 cloves garluc, chopped

1 tsp. Crushed red pepper

1/2 cup white wine

1/2 cup shredded basil

Lemon zest

6 flat anchovies

2 cups tomato sauce

Box of crusty bread or tx toast


What do you do:

1. Heat oil over medium to low heat.

2. Add scallops, season with salt and pepper. You will want to make sure and cook threse first. Turn once. Transfer to plate.

3. Add garlic, anchovies, red pepper. Cook until anchovies dissolve.

4. Add wine, reduce slightly. Add tomato sauce, and chicken stock. Boil season shrimp, and fish and add to sauce. Simmer for 6 minutes.

5. Stir in scallops, basil and zest.

6. Cook tx toast as directed on box.

7. Pour stoup in a big bowl, and add toast on the side.

8. Now....enjoy!! Happy stouping!!!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments: