Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Country Breakfast Casserole

I found this recipe online and thought I would give it a shot. We had a few friends stay over and I made it for them this lovely Sunday morning. They all really liked it and it was so easy to cook, so I have to share. Sorry for no pictures as I wasn't expecting it to be so yummy. :)

What do you need:
1 (16 ounce) package of breakfast sausage
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 (2.64 ounce) package country gravy mix
6 slices of bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (we used wheat)
2 tablespoons melted butter

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325F

2. brown sausage in a large skillet, drain fat.

3. Place sausage on bottom of the baking dish. Top with shredded cheese. (Save a handful to use again.)

4. In a seperate bowl, whisk together eggs, water, milk and gravy mix; add mixture to baking dish.

5. Arrange bread squares evenly on top. Drizzle butter on top of break, sprinkle with the left over cheese.

6. Bake for 40 minutes in oven or until knife inserted comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minutes before serving.

7. Optional: if you would like to add a little salsa for extra flavor, please do.

8. Now, go enjoy your new Sunday favorite country breakfast casserole.
 **The recipe does call for green onions which we decided to leave out, but feel free to add as you wish.**

Printed from Allrecipes.com


No comments: