Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Creamy Ravioli and Pesto Gratin & Chicken

prep time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 40 minutes

This is by far one of my fave recipes that I have made in my short cooking experience. As I have mentioned in my introduction, I use to never want to cook but now I am becoming addicted. I think my husband loves the fact that I am cooking but knows become I am new with it, that I can be quite clueless and known to make a mess or two. I think the wine that I have while cooking probably helps as well. Either way, I have found a new passion for cooking and I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Now, comes the fun stuff.

What do you need:
18 ounces of cheese ravioli (frozen or fresh)
1/4 cup pesto (pesto is good on anything)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
1 chicken breast per person Marinated in your choice of flavor

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the cream and pesto. Add the pasta and toss to combine.
3. Transfer the mixture to a shallow 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until golden brown and bubbling. Usually 20-25 minutes.
4. While all of this is baking, cook the chicken breast on 400 F with the pasta or on the grill. We love our grill, so we made ours on the grill, but you can go with your choice.
5. After all is said and done, place everything on a plate with a small side salad and a glass of vino and enjoy your dinner.




I love this recipe b/c it looks fancy but is so easy to make. Trust me, if I can do it...we'll anyone can. ENJOY!!!


This comes from the Real Simple Dinner Tonight Cookbook. Page 275

2 comments: