Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Creamy Shrimp with Corn and Poblanos

This recipe was in my new cookbook that the Oxley's bought for us. My fave type of cookbook is one with pictures and this book provides a picture with every recipe. That is my type of book. :) This recipe only takes around 30 minutes and can be served for 2-4 people. I hope you enjoy as much as we did.




What types of things do you need to get started:
1 cup of long-grain white rice
butter will be needed for rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 poblano peppers, seeded and cut into 1//2 inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds peeled large shrimp (frozen or thawed work fine)
1 cup frozen corn
3/4 heavy cream
Salt and Black Pepper to taste

Now let's get started:
1. cook the rice according to the package directions (water & butter as directed)
2. While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the poblanos and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.5-6 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, corn, cream, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 black pepper to skillet. Simmer until the shrimp are opaque (not see through) throughout, 3-5 minutes.
4. Serve over rice and enjoy.


The End Result!!



Of course me showing my mad skills



No comments: