Welcome to my Blog

Hello!! I have never been one to want to cook but recently I got married to a man that loves food. He loves food so much that he always requests me to cook him something new. As someone that was not a fan of cooking and heck, I was too lazy to cook, I always said no. Then finally, I decided that once we got married I will start cooking for him more. We'll, now here I am and in love with cooking. Since I am still learning the difference between a pot and pan, I have to stick with recipes. One day, I hope to make something from scratch but until then, I hope you can enjoy some recipes and something new once a week. ENJOY!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Taco Bake

As I was strolling through my weekly cook books deciding on what to make, I came across this recipe called "Taco Bake." I usually do not eat things without pictures, but this one sounded so delish. Enjoy!


1 lb. ground beef (lean works best and is healthier)
1 onion, chopped
1 package, (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
3/4 cup water
1/2 package (8 oz.) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese (we used Mexican Fiesta cheese and it worked perfect)

Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
2. Brown beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off the fat.
3. Add taco seasoning, water, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occassionaly, 20 minutes. Stir in the cooked macaroni, chilies, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese.
4. Pour all into a baking dish. Top remaining with 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Take off to serve.



Recipe found in The Church Socials Cookbook
Nora Kelly/ Grace on the Hill United Methodist Church, Corbin, Kentucky

1 comment:

The Sister Studio said...

This sounds so yummy! I will, for sure, be making this! :)